Effectiveness UnCanned 2018
Unlocking the Value of Creativity
On Thursday 21st June 2018, marketers, strategists, innovators and award-winning creatives were convened by The Effectiveness Partnership at Cannes Lions Festival 2018 in what turned out to be the biggest session dedicated to Effectiveness hitherto seen in their 64 year history.
Participants debated how to develop creative ideas that are in-line with commercial strategy and shared examples of how to unlock the commercial value of creativity.
The full line up included:
- An introduction
Gurdeep Puri, Founding Partner The Effectiveness Partnership
- Upstream creativity – the effectiveness of great branding and innovation
John Shaw, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer and Sabah Ashraf, CEO North America SuperUnion
- Generating incremental growth through cultural relevancy
Debarshi Pandit, Head of Multicultural Business Partnerships Sky UK
- How a Commercially Creative Agency creates ideas that don’t just change the direction of a brand
Janet Markwick, Global EVP Commercial Operations and Production Y&R
- Making more effective mobile creative
Ian Crocombe, Director Creative Shop Facebook
- Raising our game – How Visa is driving a more effective use of the Olympics and FIFA World Cup sponsorships
Adrian Farina, Senior Vice President, Marketing Europe Visa
- Effective Innovation
Tracey Follows, CSO Wired Consulting
Two panel discussions, then addressed the issues and opportunities facing our industry in bringing to life the real value of creativity in the boardroom.
Moderated by Harjot Singh of McCann World Group. On the Agency side panel were Janet Markwick of Y&R, Brent Nelson of Leo Burnett North America, Tracey Follows of Futuremade and Kathryn Patten of the IPA.
On the Marketers’ side panel were Adrian Farina of VISA Europe, Dan Burdett of eBay and Alex Schlaubitz of Lufthansa AG.